Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

my first blog post...ever.

Well, here goes nothin'!  ...Or something, I hope!  I've wanted to start a blog for a while now, and I haven't because it is so daunting.  Figuring out which website is best for a beginner blogger, how to work said website and get it started, what to call it, what to post...and the list goes on.  Today I was reading one of my favorite little blogs {which is also on Blogger and how I found this website}, I just decided it was time to start!

I only let myself take about 5 minutes to think about what to call my blog.  Life as a Reis.  The meaning behind it is pretty simple.  I recently got married, changed my last name, and I am now a Reis {sounds like reese}!  I love my new last name!  Since I don't have a personal company right now, this blog will mainly be about my life or interests {and hopefully your interests as well}, so the name seems fitting, I think!

You may want to take a peek at the about section for a little more about me - I don't want to be redundant.  Some of my interests, and therefore things I plan to post about are:

  • My hubby!  ...maybe not posts specifically about him, but fun date night ideas and how we continue to grow our relationship and marriage!
  • Fur-babies!  With two adorable cats and a growing puppy, the stories and photos never stop!
  • DIY projects from my wedding!  I'm SO pumped to post these!  I knew I was planning on starting a blog soon, so I remembered to take photos.  Hopefully they're helpful and I took enough!
  • Favorite recipes.  I am always on the hunt for healthy, but tasty recipes.  I especially love quick and easy dinner ideas, smoothies, and juicing recipes!
  • Fun DIY projects {inside and outside the home}
  • Home design updates
  • Thoughts, books, blogs to help stay motivated, work towards goals, and be happy throughout this next year!
  • Personal posts about life and goals!
I'm going to try to keep myself on track with these posts!  I have so many ideas for posts!  I just need to stay organized, write things down so I don't forget {typical me}, and make a schedule to follow!  I would love for you to start reading my blog and hope you find the posts interesting, helpful, and inspiring!

Do you have any helpful hints for starting a blog?  How often to post, what you do to keep on track with posting, how to attach my Instagram & Pinterest to my blog {...I seriously can't figure it out, it can't be that hard!}??  Any and all tips and tricks are helpful and appreciated!  I'd love to hear from you!  Just comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment